What does this policy cover?
Welcome to ReaXium. ReaXium operates the www.reaxium.com website and all related sub-domains, which provides the SERVICE. This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
We collect the following types of information about you:
(a) Information you provide us directly
We may ask for certain information when you register for a ReaXium account or correspond with us (such as a username, your first and last names, birthdate, phone number, profession, physical and e-mail address).
We also collect any messages you send us through the Service, and may collect information you provide when you post to the Service (such as text and images you upload to use). We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide the features and functionality of the Service to you, to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the Service.
If you don’t provide your personal information to us, you may not be able to access or use our Service or your experience of using our Service may not be as enjoyable.
(b) Information we receive from third-party applications
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access the Service through a third-party connection, that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to ReaXium. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Service. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service.
(c) Information we receive from other third parties
We may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as public sources, social media platforms (like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and other platforms) and third-party data providers and information services. Examples of the information we may obtain from such third parties include your company, company size, job title and seniority, industry and other profile information. We may share your email address or other information in order to obtain and combine this information with information that you provide to us or other information that we collect when you use our Service. We do this to better understand your profile and interests so that we can deliver customized offers and other personalized services to you.
Some of these providers may combine data collected from our Service through cookies, pixels, tags and similar technologies, with email or mailing addresses to which they have access to help us serve relevant offers to you.
(d) Information we collect from you automatically
We will directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information (please see the paragraph on log file information below) that assists us in improving the Service.
(e) Cookies information and information taken from similar technologies
When you visit the Service, we (and our third-party partners) will send cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets ReaXium do things like help you log in faster, enhance your navigation through the site, remember your preferences and generally improve the user experience. Cookies also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us or our business partners to track your usage of the Service over time.
You can control or reset your cookies and similar technologies through your web browser, which will allow you to customize your cookie preferences and to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
(f) Log file information
Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. This Log file information may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
(h) Device identifiers
When you access the Service on a device (including smart-phones or tablets), we may access, collect and/or monitor one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files that uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you use the Service. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device, to help you log in and navigate the Service better. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use of device identifiers is impaired.
(i) Location data
ReaXium collects information in order to understand where its users are located for a number of reasons. ReaXium may collect your precise or approximate location:
- from you, when you provide, correct or confirm your location; and
- by inferring your location from your IP address.
We use the information we collect about you for the purposes set out below:
- Providing you with the Service: We use the information that you directly give us to provide the Service to you. This includes allowing you to log in to ReaXium and operating and maintaining the Service. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site.
- For data analytics: We may use information about you to help us improve the ReaXium Service and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- For data and predictive analytics: We may analyze content, media uploads and activity in your account to provide and customize the Service and to train our algorithms and models using machine learning in order to improve our Service. This is carried out with strict access controls and policies in place to protect your privacy.
- Customizing the Service for you: We use and combine the information you provide us and information about you that we collect automatically and receive from other sources (including information we receive on and off our Service) and combine it with information about the behavior of other users to make sure that your use of the Service is customized to your needs.
- To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the ReaXium Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about taking part in our surveys or about features relating to the Service that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant information based on your use of the Service, and your preferences.
- To improve the Service: We analyze information about your use of the Service and your content to better understand how users are engaging with our Service and measure the effectiveness of the Service so we can make improvements and develop our services for users.
- Customer support: We use information about you, information that we collect or and from within your account, information that you provide to our customer support team, and information about your interactions with the Service to resolve technical issues you experience with the Service, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the Service for all ReaXium users.
- For matters that you have specifically consented to: From time to time ReaXium may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
- For troubleshooting, error resolution and service improvement: We may need to review your account to support your request for help, correct general errors with the ReaXium Service or improve our services.
- For matters that we are required to use your information by law: ReaXium will use or disclose your information where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms of Service or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ReaXium, our users or others.
(a) How we share your information
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Some of the third parties with whom ReaXium may share your personal information are service providers who assist ReaXium with functions such as:
- Customer support and customer management;
- Email services;
- Hosting and storage;
- Data analytics and predictive analytics;
- Data labelling and machine learning;
- Advertising and marketing services;
- Domain name registration;
- Delivery of physical products; and
- Other service providers.
(b) Sharing in connection with a merger, acquisition or reorganization
ReaXium may also share, sell or transfer your information to third parties in connection with or contemplation of (including as part of the due diligence process) any merger, acquisition, reorganization, financing, sale of assets, bankruptcy or insolvency event involving ReaXium or any portion of our assets, services or businesses. Information such as customer names and email addresses and other user information related to the Service may be among the items shared, sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. You will be notified via email and/or a notice on the Service if such a transaction takes place and be given notice of any material changes to the way we handle your data under this policy.
(c) Your employer
If you access ReaXium with an email address issued to you by your employer (either a business, non-profit or educational institution), and your employer has established an account with ReaXium (or is considering doing so), you acknowledge that ReaXium may share your name, email, and the existence of your ReaXium account with your employer. If you do not use ReaXium in connection with your employment and do not wish for this information to be shared with your employer you can opt out at any time by emailing us.
(d) Sharing with other third parties
ReaXium will also share your information with third parties in certain circumstances, such as where you consent to our sharing it with a third party for a particular purpose.
(e) Sharing aggregate data
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated such anonymized data with third parties.
(f) Sharing with authorities
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement, police, intelligence sharing and take down services and others in accordance with our Authority Request Policy or where we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to detect, prevent or address fraud, breaches of our Terms of Service, harmful or illegal activity, to protect ReaXium (our rights, property or intellectual property), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
ReaXium cares about the security of your information, and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications from ReaXium, at all times. However, ReaXium cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to ReaXium or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. ReaXium is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
We value your trust in providing us your information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
(a) You control your account information
You can request access, correction or deletion of the data ReaXium holds on you by contacting us.
(b) Opting out of collection of your information through tracking technologies
Please refer to your mobile device or browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. Depending on your type of device, it may not be possible to delete or disable tracking mechanisms on your mobile device. Note that disabling cookies and/or other tracking tools prevents ReaXium or its business partners from tracking your browser’s activities in relation to the Service. However, doing so may disable many of the features available through the Service.
(c) Rights in respect of your Information
The laws of some countries grant particular rights in respect of personal information. Individuals in certain countries, including the European Union, United Kingdom, and Brazil have the right to:
- Request access to their information;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies in their information;
- Request that their information be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a structured electronic version of their information; and
- Object to our use of their information.
In some circumstances ReaXium will not be able to comply with your request regarding your personal data. If we are unable to remove any of your information, we will explain why. For example, we may not be able to provide a copy of your information where it infringes on the rights of another user.
If we are unable to resolve your request, or if you are concerned about a potential violation, you also have the option to report the issue or make a complaint to the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. Where you have provided your consent to certain processing and no longer want us to use your information for that purpose, you may withdraw your consent to this use, although this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Following termination or deactivation of your account, ReaXium will retain limited information for a commercially reasonable time, and for as long as we have a valid purpose to do so. In particular, ReaXium will retain your information for the purpose of complying with its legal and audit obligations, and for backup and archival purposes.
In this policy, a child is considered a person under the age of 13 years old (or the minimum legal age in the child’s country to be able to provide lawful consent to the processing of their personal data where the age is higher than 13 years old).
The Service and our content are not directed at children. Children are not permitted to sign up by themselves for the Service.
ReaXium does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child without verification of parental consent where this is required, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Children may use our Service under the supervision of their authorized parent/guardian or other similar figure. ReaXium’s collection of student data is authorized by participating educational institutions obtaining parental consent or providing consent on behalf of the parent, if applicable, or as a proxy for the parent in certain circumstances. We will share student data with our third party service providers who have security, privacy, and data retention policies consistent with our policies and solely to the extent necessary for them to perform a business or technology support function for us. This may include data processing, account management or providing us with usage analytics. ReaXium does not sell student data.
Third party service providers will process student data for the sole purpose of delivering the ReaXium service. If an educational institution terminates their ReaXium Service, or requests the deletion of personally identifiable information associated with a student’s account, ReaXium will direct these service providers. to delete any such information they hold.
Educational institutions will have direct control of student data at all times. If a district/school wishes to inspect, review, amend or delete data we have collected from a student, they may submit an authorized request. To protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to help verify the school’s identity before granting access to any personal information.
To the extent the Service provided pertains to the access to student information, ReaXium shall adhere to all standards included in Sections 1002.22 and 1002.221, F.S. (the Protection of Pupil Privacy Acts), 20 U.S.C. §1232g – the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the federal regulations issued pursuant thereto (34 CFR Part 99), and/or any other applicable state or federal law or regulation regarding the confidentiality of student information and records. ReaXium complies with all related applicable state and federal laws and regulations including Health Information Privacy and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Children Internet Protection Act (CIPA), and the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA).
We may update this policy from time to time to reflect our current practice and ensure compliance with applicable laws. When we post changes to this policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy. If we make any material changes to the way we collect, use, store and/or share your personal information, we will notify you on our website. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to inform yourself of any changes.